For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

♥ Your Daddy ♥

Florida Trip (34 weeks pregnant)
Florida Trip (34 weeks pregnant)
First morning in the hospital after Kaiya arrived
Sunday mornings ♥
Out to lunch
♥ WE LOVE DADDY ♥

Your Daddy just melts my heart.  He took such good care of me while I was pregnant.  Growing a baby was pretty hard on my body, so during that time Daddy had to take care of me every day.  In the beginning of my pregnancy, he used to wake up and make me a grilled cheese every morning for breakfast. For a while, that was all I could eat.  Most of the time, I was too sick to work so he would come home in the afternoon to check on me and make me lunch.  Take me to Dr.'s appointments.  Pick up my medicine.  Rub my back.  Get me pillows.  Cheer me up when I would get discouraged or sad. One time he even turned on a bubble machine in the living room.  The whole room was filled with bubbles, it was hilarious!  Each night when he came home from work, he would say 'hey baby' and talk to you through my tummy.  Sometimes he would tap on my stomach and you would kick back.  It was a little game you guys would play, but then I'd have to make you guys stop if it started to make me sick.  In the mornings when I would cuddle up to him, you would kick my stomach and he would be able to feel it in his back.  It was a cute way to for us to wake him up.  For 42 weeks he took care of everything.. all of the housework, meals, bills, and a crazy pregnant woman all by himself.  I am so blessed by him everyday.  I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment