For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's in a name?




Well your father and I had quite the time agreeing on a name for you!  I was constantly reading baby websites searching for names and their meanings.  Daddy said he didn't want a name from a website and that it would just 'come to us'.  Also since we were waiting to see if 'baby' was a boy or girl we had to check out both sexes.  If you were a boy you were going to be named Michael William Frary.  And if you were a girl we were going to be in trouble because we couldn't seem to agree..

ASL Letter kASL Letter aASL Letter iASL Letter yASL Letter a

Well your Dad was right about the name coming to us!  One evening while we were in FL, we decided to go on a walk around the lake.  It was a beautiful night and sunset.  As we were walking, we overheard the names from the kid's hula hoop contest being announced over the loud speaker.  They announced the winner: "Kaiya".  Your dad was sold on the name right away, but Mommy needed a little more convincing.  Later that week, I started to do some research on the meaning of the name. 


Here are some interesting facts:

The meaning of the name Kaiya is 'diamond in the sky'. It is African in origin. 

Also,

The meaning of the name Kaiya is 'forgiveness'.  It is Japanese in origin. 

The final test was looking it up on Urban Dictionary to make sure it didn't have any negative conotations:


Kaiya
Someone who likes to sing. A Kaiya is a very musical person and sings well.
GIRL: Kaiya is singing OMG
Kaiya *sings*

GIRL #2: Kaiya is the best singer eva!


AWWWW! 


Ok so you weren't named after Willow or the Bob Marley song but I had to include these since they go with your name. 
Kaiya - She's the wife of Willow, in the movie Willow(1988)  One of Unkie Cole's favorite movies. 


Funny this song is called Kaya and it says 'wake up in the morning!' That's our favorite time!


As for the middle names..

Theo is your Great Grandma's name.  Unfortunately you will never meet her, but she was a classy, graceful, soft-spoken woman.  She would have been excited for another girl in the family.




Justine is from an old Linda Rhondstat song.  G-Ma had picked this name out for Heath if he would have been a girl.  It is nice because there are alot of  "een"s on the Krick side of the family.  Dineen, Kathleen, Eileen, Corina.. you get it.  Also, while I was sick in the hospital, one of my nurses was named Justine.

No comments:

Post a Comment