For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Thanks for having me..

"Thanks for having me!" I'd say laughing to G-Ma each time I left her home.  I never knew how thankful I really was until June 20th, 2011.
 


I was originally due on June 11th.  I was keeping my fingers crossed for June 13th since that was Grandma Jan's birthday.  But the doctor said I couldn't be induced until I was at 42 weeks.  I was diagnosed with hyperemisis and was sick literally up to the minute you were born.  I had strep throat that week and had been hospitalized 3 times over the last 9 months.  But it was worth it.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 

On June 20th, after a very quiet car ride, we arrived at the hospital at 6am.  They had me change into a hospital gown and induced me right away.  After a while the doctor came in and broke my water.  A few hours later it was time for the epidural.  I remember feeling completely comfortable; calm.  At one point I even commented that I was 'having fun.'  We went on a walk, bounced on a bouncy ball, and even took a nap.  At 6pm everything changed.  I began real labor and it really hurt!  Daddy and G-Ma helped me push and before we knew it there was a squirmy, curly-haired, little cutie staring up at me.  I had gone from the worst pain of my life to the greatest feeling of my life in a matter of seconds.  Aaron went out to the hallway to tell everyone the good news:  IT'S A GIRL! 
After all of the family had met the baby, it was time for you to eat.  We had everyone leave the room so I could nurse you.  Little did we know, there was a huge thunderstorm going on outside.  The power went out and it was just Kaiya, Daddy, and Mommy.  We rang for a nurse a few times and checked the hallways, but they were no where to be found.  The nurses needed to move the other patients into the middle of the building where there were no windows so they would be safe.  Since our room did not have windows, we just stayed put.  After a while the nurses came back and we moved into a different room.  There was nice nurse that taught us how to bathe you and feed you.  We were all pretty tired after your bath, so then we went to sleep.  Then next morning I woke up and took the picture of you in your pink hat with the sun shining on your face.  I was so happy, it felt like a thousand Christmases.

No comments:

Post a Comment