For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

All that work to pick out a name and we barely ever use it?!

"Hmmmm...why does Mommy call me Mommy?"



NICKNAMES
Of course all babies have nicknames, but by the time we are older they are sometimes forgotten.  Since you have so many, I thought I would put a list together of the more popular nicknames you have had during your first months on this planet. 

Boo Boo (Daddy started this one)
Kuekers (G-Ma)
Kueky or Kuek-a-bura (Mommy)
Pookers or Pookity (Mommy)
Boochers or Boochi (Mommy)
Muñeca (Unkie Jake)
Lil' K (Cathy & Vicki)
Señor K (Mommy)
Mommy (Mommy)

Yes, that last one is not a typo, I'm not sure why I do this but sometimes I will call her 'Mommy'???  Kinda quirky but we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment