For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

These are Days

These are the days
These are days you'll remember
Never before and never since, I promise
will the whole world be warm as this
and as you feel it, you'll know it's true
that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you
 
These are days you'll remember
When May is rushing over you with desire
to be part of the miracles you see in every hour
you'll know it's true, that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you 
These are days
These are the days
that you might fill with laughter
until you break
These days you might feel a shaft of light
make its way across your face
and when you do
you'll know how it was meant to be
see the signs and know their meaning
it's true
You'll know how it was meant to be
hear the signs and
know they're speaking to you
to you

Lyrics by Natalie Merchant 

No comments:

Post a Comment