For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Could motherhood be making you crazy?

So I was reading a post on TheBump today with stories about the craziest things you have done while being a sleep deprived mom.  (Click here for link: TheBump/crazytiredmoms)  I was cracking up as I read some of these and then thought I better fess up to mine:

    So one time, Kaiya, Riley, and I went shopping at Super Target.  This was one of my first shopping trips out with both of the kids and needless to say I had my hands full with the diaper bag, carseat, a purse full of Transformers etc..I was quiet proud of myself for getting in and out of the store within an hour and staying within my budget.  As we were on our way home, I realized I had left ALL of our just purchased items at the store.  When we went back, the checker had set our items aside for us- Thank God!  The worst part is a few weeks later, I did the exact same thing!! And to add insult to injury, it was with the same checker!!  I said, "Sorry, I'm a new Mom." (As if that makes it any better!) He just laughed and said "Don't worry for now on I will just set your stuff aside and plan on you making 2 trips!" 

Silly Mommy!

If you have a silly mommy story, please post in the comments below.  These might be fun for Kaiya to read some day if she has kids of her own.  (LET ME CLARIFY: NOT A SILLY EILEEN MOMMY STORY, YOUR OWN SILLY MOMMY STORY!!)


Sleep deprived Mommy after a long day of hard work
sleeping in her JustGetSh!tDone T-shirt.
(Click here for link: JGSD)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment