For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kaiya! You are 2 1/2 now!!!

Kooks! I just found a really great video of when you were in my belly! I can't wait to show you tonight!  I am also going to start showing you this blog and posting just a wee bit more... I've been a little busy chasing after you! :)  All jokes, your father & I are having so much fun with you!

Here is that clip.  There is a great story behind this. When we received this video from the hospital, we had everyone over to watch it at our house. As we were watching, Colby, who would have been about 5 at the time, yells out "Jesus Christ that baby looks like One-Eyed Willie!" Gma took him upstairs after that.



You are 2 1/2 now.  You are very independent, you always say "I do it myself, Mommy!" when I try to help you with dressing or brushing your teeth or really anything. You are very good at sharing. You are pretty much potty-trained: thanks to Miss Valarie you learned early. You always hug & kiss us & say "I love you". This year for Christmas you asked Santa for "Strawberries, blueberries, & Uncle Jake."  You love Yo Gabba Gabba & The Wizard of Oz.  Last weekend Grammy & I took you to your first musical.  (Sesame Street Live.) You loved it & at the very end you & Grammy went to the front of the stage. Security tried to stop Grammy a few times but you know your Grammy! Up to the front of the stage you went!! You make Daddy & I laugh everyday. You are so pretty with your long red hair that curls at the bottom & big smile! We have fun reading books, getting dressed up & putting on make-up. You make Mommy SO happy! I love you Kaiya!  I will always be a part of you & you will always be a part of me.










No comments:

Post a Comment