For Kaiya

"Oh wow...It's a girl!" your Father said to me with smile. Both of our eyes were filled with tears. I felt peace and joy and beauty all at once as I held your tiny body in my arms.
"What is her name?" the nurses asked.
"Kaiya..her name is Kaiya."

Kaiya,
From the moment you came into our world, your Father and I knew our lives would change forever. We had no idea it could be this amazing. There are no words to describe the love in my heart. When I look at you I feel like everything is brand new, like the start of a new day. I am wide awake, filled with life. I smile through tears as I type each sentance, so grateful for my sweet, sweet baby. I am now reminded of the potential each day brings; all of the good things life has to offer. Every morning now is a 'good morning' waking up and singing to you. You are pure JOY.

Good morning, Kaiya. Good morning, life.

How big is Kaiya? Soooooo BIG!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

6 months today.

Baby Kaiya,

You are officially 6 months today. You are getting so big. You are rolling, scooting, crawling, and into everything. You can sit up on your own and are trying to pull yourself up now. You are very talkative, you like to say "Blah Blah Bla" or "Ma Ma Mah" over and over again.

I had to take a short break from your blog but I'm ready to start journaling again.  I love reading and remembering about when you were a tiny baby.  Life goes by so fast and it is important to keep in mind all of the good memories, especially when you go through hard times.  On November 13th, your grandpa Brad died.  He was very young and this was very shocking for all of his family and friends.  He loved you very much and was proud of you; You were his youngest grandchild.  We miss him so much.  This is the only picture I have of you and him together.  I guess I thought we'd have more time.

Sometimes life is so sad. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment